Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Golden Girl






Sometimes you don't need to add bright colors to an outfit to make it exciting. Here's proof: this black and cream outfit is a lot more interesting because of the gold buttons, sparkly gold stripes, gold jewelry, and gold headband. There's no way fall short of chic when you add in lots of gold. It's as good as, well, gold. On one hand the colors of this outfit are very chic and mature, but the indivual pieces put together make for a sweet and youthful look. I'm not trying to look like I'm 30, but I don't want to look like I'm 16. For that reason, I chose these edgier lace-up heeled combat boots and a long blazer that still shows off my waist. It's important to find a good balance between mature and youthful when you're trying to look your age. I think it goes without saying that teens and women in their thirties aim to look like they're in their 20s so keep this style tip in mind.

Shirt: marc by marc jacobs (old)   Skirt: French Connection   Blazer: Nicole Miller (old) - similar  Shoes: Nine West - similar   Headband: J.Crew - similar  Nails: Butter London - "Jack The Lad"

0 comments:

Post a Comment