Friday, October 25, 2013

Make A Statement

Trendy women are making statements all over the world in large necklaces, aka "statement necklaces". They come in all shapes, colors, metals, sizes, and prices and there are certain styles that work better with certain necklines. I'd consider this more suggestive guideline than a strict fashion rule. Some of these necklines are a little more flexible than others and it depends on the necklace, too. Here's a necklace/neckline cheat sheet I found on pinterest:


I think it's important to have at least one neutral statement necklace that can go with anything, particularly gold. I got my first statement necklace when I was in Greece several years ago and at the time, wasn't sure if the splurge was worth it, but it has become my favorite piece of jewelry. Since then, I've bought some fun pieces at J.Crew, at random boutiques throughout my travels in Europe and Israel, and I have inherited some great costume jewelry and other eye-catching pieces from my grandmother. 

Here's a peek at some of my statement necklaces (but not all!):


And here is my favorite piece that I bought in Mykonos, Greece by Glam Scope:


These are some great statement necklaces at some of my favorite stores:



1. Lulu Frost
2. Zara
3. Forever 21
4. J. Crew
5. Asos
6. Iosselliani
7. Topshop

0 comments:

Post a Comment